Sunday, March 15, 2009

I encountered some funny things today and thought I would share...

This morning while skiing with my Men (J, my Dad, S and E) we were having a blast! All of a sudden we came upon my cousin Jack who is 11 years old. He is a rather rambunctious child and the boys love him for that reason. We were skiing for a bit with him and his friend when all of a sudden I realized...he is wearing a T-shirt, and I can see this because...
HIS COAT WAS WIDE OPEN!

HERE IS THE THOUGHT PROCESS AND CONVERSATION THAT FOLLOWED:

Me thinking: What in the hell is he doing with his coat wide open, he just got over a cold!

(pause)

Me thinking: Now, I should definitely say something...but I don't want to be that annoying older cousin...but then again if I was his mother I would want someone to speak up and tell him to get his coat zipped up. SAY SOMETHING LAURA!!!

Me: "Jack, I don't want to sound like your mother here but...what are you doing with your coat unzipped? You just got over a cold didn't you?"

Jack: "Oh uh, yeah right?"

Me: "Soooooo zip up your coat!"

Jack: (pause)

My Father (his uncle): JACK!!!! ZIP IT UP...ZIP IT UP!!! ZIP IT UP...ARE YOU CRAZY!"

Jack: "Okay" then proceeds to zip up his coat.

AHHHH that was painful, but I now realize why my mom and Gram always got on Jules and I to zip up, wear your hat and gloves, and above all...USE YOUR HEAD!!!!
THANKS LADIES!!!!

Then as we took a couple more runs we stopped at a lift line for a break to figure out where to go next. I looked over and E was leaning over to eat some snow... virgin, crystallized, pure white gold! He was very thirsty from all of his hard work and needed to have his thirst quenched...no juice, water or other beverage available...what would you do???
Then after he had had his FILL, I felt these eyes on us... I looked over to the lift attendant who looked at us in a revolted way and made a grossed out face! I took a good look at this judgmental 18 year old looking guy and guess what I saw?
Him standing there drinking a crappy soda and SMOKING A CIGARETTE!!!
I wanted to say "Oh yeah, gross huh? This snow is probably going to kill him someday!" But I didn't, my inner censor shut me down...I told my father though, he laughed!

***BEWARE***
IDIOTS RUN A-MUCK IN THIS WORLD OF OURS

No comments: