Monday, April 4, 2011

Omelets, and Popcorn...YUMMY!

This morning I decided that I wanted to have an Omelet.  OK...maybe Charlie wanted an Omelet, but I was happy to oblige!

3 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, and 2 slices of american cheese later...VOILA!


YUMMY!
Then this afternoon I decided that I wanted some popcorn...CRAP...no more popcorn!  ARGHHHHHH

Well, I searched through the cupboards and found a bag of dry corn...you know...POPPING CORN!

Hmmmmm, Julia and I used to make popcorn in college, but it involved an AirPopper popcorn maker, and a LOT OF SPRAY BUTTER.  I mean A LOT!

So, how am I to make popcorn without my air popper? We burned up the poor old girls motor our last few weeks of college.  I turned the bag over, and there were the EASIEST directions ever:

Here they are:
Pour 1/4 C. of vegetable oil into the bottom of a large metal pot (with cover).  Add ONE kernel of popcorn and cover.  Heat on medium high heat until the kernel pops.


Then add enough popcorn to cover the bottom of the pot, ONE KERNEL layer only.


Recover and shake over the heat occasionally until the popping slows to 1 pop every 5 sec.

Remove from heat, and enjoy!


I decided to sprinkle mine with salt, and mix up.  It was heaven.

Charlie and I enjoyed every mouthful, and I hope you do too!





2 comments:

Along the Ausable said...

my stomach is growling...

Elisa said...

That's exactly how I used to make popcorn...before I got an air popper. =) Love your food posts.