Friday, November 11, 2011

War and Peace, Happy Veterans Day

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."

Cynthia Ozick

Today I am so very grateful for those who fight for our freedom.  I am grateful for the sacrifies they make and for the families who wait for their safe return. 

I don't think I could ever do that, you see...I am a wussss...make that capital WUSSSSS!!!!!!

I pray that neither of my boys, nor my nephew have to go to war.

I pray that they will never be drafted, or want to go to war. Because I am WUSSSSS!!!

Or maybe selfish, how bad is that?

I am a worry wart, and I do not know how I would deal with having to worry about them in a war situation.  I can see myself instructing them to dive into a burrow somewhere, and hide until the warfare stopped, and they would be safe.   To call me every night, and to blow kisses in my direction, as I do to them every night.
I worry about them when they are in the same house as I am, I worry for their safety at school, and I make sure, with all that I can, that they are safe.  I say a prayer for them every single night that they will live long, healthy, wonderful, happy lives, and will grow to have families of their own. (In those exact words).  Then I blow kisses towards them, or kiss them if I am next to them.

So, the things I take for granted today?

I am grateful for a beautiful little boy pretending he is a tough warrior, although he cries when he sees a tear in his mama's eye:

I am grateful for a sleeping baby, who's only worry is when he can nurse again, and if his baby is near by.


Happy Veterans Day, and I am sorry if I am a selfish WUSSSSS, I can't help it.
 

No comments: