Saturday, January 30, 2010

An evening and morning crochet-a-thon


This little dress I designed on the fly, and it took FOUR freaking hours to finish!!! ARGHHHHH!

 
 
If I had to do it all over again I would have chosen a thicker yarn, but I absolutely love the look of the stitches with the thinner wool yarn.  I believe it will fit a newborn to about 2 months old.  I wish I had a baby to try it on.  Not having a pattern gives me creative freedom, but definitely has its down falls.


I also made this little shrug this morning.  Only took about 1 1/2 hours, and it is amazingly soft.


Sam was GRACIOUS enough to try it on for me so I could gauge the size (yet again no pattern...LOL)



I think since it is a bit snug on him it will be for a 3-4 Toddler size.

Thanks for looking~

4 comments:

jules said...

OH MY GOD! I am in love.

I can't believe what you can do with a crochet hook.

Really, LOVE.

Brooke said...

so cute! And that your son would let you try that on him.... adorable! My son runs away and says NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

I'm talented? Nooooo... you're talented! I love that dress. Beautiful! Plus, the one you commented on today was the picture from lion brand. I haven't made mine yet. :) I'm just finding a pattern a day, and giving myself 3 years to make all 365 things. It's a challenge in completion! haha I have finished a few of the things already - but working full time makes it difficult!

Heather said...

SO BEAUTIFUL...you do such wonderful work and you are very original in your creativity..
Love, Momma