Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting out the old Sneaks



Today I ran...yes ladies...I ran 1.2 miles DOWN my road NON STOP, and then walked the same 1.2 miles UP the road. 

I did not think I could do it, I kept thinking "I just want to make it half way, and then I will turn around."

I made it half way, and still had some spring to my step, so I kept going, rather pleased with my self I might add.  Then got a bit further, and I got a bit winded.  "PUSH IT LAURA!" I could feel the heart racing, the shirt I was wearing was wet with sweat, and my legs started to jiggle with each step. I pushed it for another .2 miles or so, and then turned around. 

I walked the whole way up the mountain back to my car.  I did stop to catch my breath 3 times, and to rest my SORE legs, but I DID IT!

NOTE: IF YOU LEAVE YOUR CAR WHERE YOU START, YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO WALK BACK TO IT IN ORDER TO ESCAPE THE PAIN! Very sneaky you see~

I did have my cell with me and truthfully I did contemplate calling Jay to come rescue me on the way back up the road, but I DID NOT...I PUSHED THROUGH, jiggly legs,wet shirt, winded breath, I pushed it and it felt amazing!

So now I am inspired, I have come across a 5K run for charity in a town nearby that is in June.  Of course I had to ask Jay how far a 5K was...which he non-hesitantly answered "3.1 Miles".  Hmmmm I thought  "I bet I could do that if I worked at it!" Then he said "I'll do it with you!" SOLD!  My friend Martha is the one who linked me to it, and I thank her. 

Watch out road...here I come...

6 comments:

Olivia said...

Yes! Do it!

I used to run (not long or far, mind you) and enjoyed it a lot. I wish I had the time and energy to get back to that!

I'm currently reading "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall. May be a worthwhile read for you to gather some running inspiration!

Along the Ausable said...

Great Job! It's all in the mind...

Brooke said...

Great job! All it takes is some motivation, and to do it!

Martha said...

I am so excited and PROUD of you!

B said...

yeah for you

Lindsey said...

Congrats to you! Hope your 5K training goes well and makes you feel great.